Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Goldman Announces a New Partner Class


It is a big day for over 100 people who were named the new Goldman Partners. I remember getting the phone call in 1996 from Jon Corzine, as did my husband Greg, and it was special indeed. At the ripe old age of 32 I was invited to be part of a club, perhaps the club, and one of only a handful of women to be so named. Two years ago I wrote an oped about it, and in the words of Forest Gump - "That's all I have to say about it." Well.. maybe not all, but that is all I have to say for now.
Congratulations to all the new partners, and in particular the women partners. Use your position wisely and for the benefit of the women to follow. Though I cannot tell how many of the new partners are women one web-site said it was 10%, which if true, is disappointing. For a leader in corporate diversity my fingers are crossed that the numbers are much, much higher.
ps - I hope you all are still having that brunch.