Friday, May 28, 2010

Abundance, Generosity and Friendship

"Show me who a woman's friends are and I will tell you who she is." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last night some of the people I love most in this world had a "leaving but not going away" party for me. It truly was one of the most special evenings of my life. I awoke this morning feeling so incredibly blessed and so moved to continue to try to do all I can to make the world a better place.

Friends. The people you choose and the people who choose you. When I looked around the room last night and rested on each of these amazing women's faces I thought how lucky am I to have these people in my life. The common denominator? They all use their time, treasure and talent to better the lives of others in such a generous and loving way. Ladies you know who you are, you know how much I love you and I ask yet another thing of all of you - please continue to help me be the best person I can be and expect a lot of me, as heaven knows I do not want to disappoint any one of you. Thank you for all you are, all you do, and for giving me the greatest gift we can give each other, love.

No comments: