Thursday, July 16, 2009

Generation G - GENEROSITY ....


A big THANKS to my friend Kathy LeMay for sending me this link from trendwatching. Generosity is in and I love it... and my oh my is it needed. What they are referring to is the "importance of 'generosity' as a leading societal and business mindset." Will this be a trend that will stay? I sure hope so....

I do however want to add a few words of caution as it relates to this article. If you click on the link you will see a nasty sign in one of the images telling Wall Streeters to just go ahead and JUMP out the windows. YES there are a lot of greedy people who work on Wall Street, but there are also a lot that are not. You don't have to be rich to be selfish. Yes I want accountability but this kind of thing does not drive it. This kind of protesting does no one any good. No one. Please let's just stop with the nastiness and inspire one another, encourage one another, and not cut each other down. If you bear witness to this, speak out, and better yet, act in a way that sets a higher standard. Some of the words that were hurled at me in response to my OPEDS on Huffpo were truly painful, especially the "why don't you just die you Wall Street ( a word that rhymes with bore)." But, but.... if we stop speaking out where does that get us? Take a stand and best of all, be generous. It's hip....

No comments: