Friday, April 17, 2009

"The Grasp of Your Hand"


LET ME NOT PRAY TO BE SHELTERED FROM DANGERS, BUT TO BE FEARLESS IN FACING THEM.

LET ME NOT BEG FOR THE STILLING OF MY PAIN, BUT FOR THE HEART TO CONQUER IT.

LET ME NOT CRAVE IN ANXIOUS FEAR TO BE SAVED, BUT HOPE FOR THE PATIENCE TO WIN MY FREEDOM.

GRANT ME THAT I MAY NOT BE A COWARD, FEELING YOUR MERCY IN MY SUCCESS ALONE: BUT LET ME FIND THE GRASP OF YOUR HAND IN MY FAILURE.

RABINDRANATH TAGORE

" 1861-1941"


My friend Kim sent this prayer to me. She has been such a support to her friend Sam who is dying from cancer. This wonderful woman and mother is only in her forties. Kim and Sam, I am just sending you both by love and God's warm embrace.

2 comments:

Analisa Allen said...

What a beautiful picture and poem. Both have moved me.

Kim Guthrie said...

well, the posting of this recent blog, finds me, with tears streaming down my face. Holding onto what has been, and what will be!!

and of course, , empathy, thoughts and prayers for and from my girlfriends. Isn't it always the way, gentle whispers of love and support, carried through out the world, from the hearts of complete strangers.

By leaning on one another, we help hold one another up.

Heart felt Thanks Kim