Saturday, February 28, 2009

Toilet Anyone?


Wednesday night at about 1 in the morning I could not get to the object on the left fast enough. I am not sure if I had a touch of the flu, I was stresssed to the max, I was suffering from lack of sleep, I drank too much coffee... or now I am thinking my stomach was processing what my brain would soon have to....... the budget of President Obama and the latest round of US economic data. I have felt sick to my stomach ever since. The sad thing is everyone I talk to seems to be feeling the same way.
I mean yes, in an ideal world I would love to have a vibrant source of clean energy, education for all, health care for all but right now I think the President should be paying most of his attention to the economy. The economic (lack of) growth data announced on Friday was shockingly bad. The unemployment data? A disaster. GM reported (lack of) earnings? A nightmare. Billions more for Citi, Fannie and AIG. Honestly, although I told people watching CNN on Wednesday morning that they have to get their heads out of the sand if they think things are going to be 'ok' I think I am ready to put mine back in. I could write and write and write and write but it is afterall Saturday night and my kids want me back on the couch to watch Harry Potter. What could be better then that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your passion Jackie. I read your blog because I trust your insight. I look forward to hearing more of what you think (specifically) about Obama's spending plan.

Jacki Zehner said...

Thank you Debbie for taking the time to comment. I am worried about the spending plan.... he needs an investment plan.