Monday, February 16, 2009

Feeling Down? Volunteer.

I am back from a week in Arizona where I attended a Womens Funding Network Board meeting and spent some great one on one time with my 8 year old daughter. The downturn has definitely hit there with for rent and for sale signs everywhere.... everywhere. Our hotel was very quiet until the masses hit for NBA Allstar Weekend. The wives of many players have organized in to a philanthropic group called "Behind the Bench" and their annual fundraiser around this weekend benefited WFN. Many thanks!

Though there is MUCH to say about this weeks economic and financial news I am choosing an upbeat post thanks to Sylvia Ann Hewlett. I am honored to serve on her board, The Center For Work Life Policy. Not only is volunteering a good thing for the world, it is also a good thing for your health. If you need help finding a place to give your time please visit the brand new site created by our brand new President - USAservice.org.

No comments: